- Libby from Mandurah - I am going to get more active and get my son and myself out and walking/riding in our neighbourhood every week.
Mikaela from Morawa -
I will commit to finishing the first draft of one of my novels by the end of 3014
- James Cameron from Swanbourne - To get out more often during the weekends.
- Jess from Cottesloe - To grow for the rest of my life.
- Holly from Morawa - Eat better, drink more water,!
Tom Molan from Mallacoota -
To become more physically active
George Ho from Stirling -
Try origami ---
liberate your creativity and make a gift for your friend.
- Craig from Yanchep - I'm going to try not to react in a negative way in situations that are out of my control
- Mikaela from Gidgegannup - To donate more time to others less fortunate than I am
- Mike Billing from Wellard - I am going to finish landscaping my front yard
Aden from 4350 -
Learn how to write more songs for my band
- David from Crawley - I am going to update the ABC iPhone app to support pledges!
- Melissa from East Perth - I am going to go for a walk every day.
- annalise knock from morawa - to hang out with mates more often
Meg from Kella -
I pledge to keep my pony fit.
- Sam Temple from Mindarie - I am going to take my dog to the beach each day
Erin from Victoria Park -
Becoming a youth mentor in 2014.
- Amberlee from Perth - I'm going to learn to speak Spanish!
- Kelly Peirce from Hillarys - I pledge to join a dance class
- ayla bond from Morawa - to get more exercise
- Emily from Morawa - To spend more time with my family
- john from maylands - I will have a better attitude towards my lifestyle and believe in myself
- Michelle Hughes from North Carolina - Continue to advocate for people with mental illnesses.
- Pauline from Booragoon - I'm going to take my dog for a walk along the beach
Brittany from 6163 -
to have more faith in myself
- The Anonomous guy from morawa - get out, and have a laugh,
- Horst from South Golden Beach - I will take a bag for collecting rubbish on my daily walk
- Jude Thomas from Mandurah - To think positive in every situation
- Greg Lake from perth - I am going to do one crossword puzzle everyday
Lynsey from 6171 -
I pledge to learn how to run (properly!) So I can do fun runs! :)
Chloe from Merredin -
I pledge to better myself at archery before the state championships.
Michaela from Swanbourne -
I commit to starting learning Spanish again - taking the time even just once a week :)
- Greg from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
- Kate from Mount Nasura - I AM going to learn all the times tables
- Assefa from Maddington - I am going to enjoy every day no matter what
- Kelly Dunlop from Thornlie - To join cricket club committee as Treasurer
Araminta from Mezza -
I pledge to read more books
- Jessica from Albany - I am going to invite my neighbours over for dinner
- Scott from Joondalup - I am going to learn to play chess
- Suzana from Balga - Walk 3 times a week, eat healthy and loose 7 kg in 2013 and don't sweat over small things. Learn new skill to start a new job.
- Ben James from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
- Ian from Cairns - To start wheelchair yoga and get my body and mind back into training.
- Denise from canningvale - To walk every day
- Penny from Lismore - I pledge to involve myself in the community & share my skills with others.
- Belinda from Waikiki - To encourage more people to use this site, it's excellent!
Amber from Albany -
Maintain my social commitments with friends.
- James Gordon from Orelia - I am going to ride my motorbike more on the weekends with friends
Taneeka from South Bunbury -
I will challenge myself by learning something new - a new musical instrument, sewing, cooking...
- Tom Franklin from Kalgoorlie - I am going to have friends over for a bbq
- Lisa from Ferndale - I will never take another day for granted... every day I have, is a gift.
Jordan from Heathridge -
I pledge to read more books, help more around the house and do my homework every day
Susannah from Narrogin -
Learn how to sew
- Amy from Leeming - I am going to go dancing with my friends
- Lauren Carr from Padbury - I will be kind to myself, whether i praise myself inwardly for a job well done or treat myself to a good book and a cup of tea. I will not put myself down or uncredited anything i do.
- buffy1981 from Nollamara - I am going to spend more QUALITY TIME with my two boys.
Rory Wood-Ingram from Mallacoota -
I commit to do a 1/2 hour of meditation every day.
- Emily Carslake from Morawa - To swim 3 nights a week.
- Lauren Barbera from Secret Harbour - To ride to work as often as I can and to walk my dog every night
- Bronwyn from Chelmer - I'm going to commit to going to Bollywood Funk dance classes for 3 months.
- Val from Hamersley - Stay positive, stay fit, stay in touch!
- Jenni from Albany - To start each day thinking how great it is to be alive!
- Trish from Albany - Each day I will do something ACTIVE, each week I will connect with a group I BELONG to, each month I will review my COMMITments
- Grant Westthorp from Albany - I am going to ask family and friends whether they are traveling okay.
- Jack Morton from Manning - I am going to play my guitar in the old peoples home near my house
- David from Shenton Park - I will volunteer for something
- Pam from Roleystone - I'm going to make every day count
- Simone from Secret Harbour - I pledge to make a greater commitment to my exercise and fitness.
Catherine from West Hobart -
I wI'll commit to doing the RAW challenge in February...and help my teammates finish!
Rhylea from Merredin -
I pledge to be nicer to people and try to make more friends in highschool.
Megan from Esperance -
Challenge my brain and commit to learning how to play the ukulele so I can join the local uke group :)
- Depression Support Network Albany Inc from Albany - On Tuesday the 9th of October, in conjunction with the heart foundation, we held a wear blue for a day walking group and morning tea. We promoted exercise as a way towards gaining good mental health.
Latest News & Updates
In March, Newton Moore Senior High School in Bunbury held an 'Act-Belong-Commit' themed week to promote the importance of staying mentally healthy to students.
Mentally Healthy WA and Chevron Australia are working together to create mentally healthy schools in Western Australia.Read more...
Mentally Healthy WA's Act-Belong-Commit campaign has been promoting the health benefits of book clubs since the campaign began almost a decade ago. Now, further research out of the University of Tasmania confirms that being part of a book club promotes social engagement and a sense of community, builds resilience, and protects against mental health problems.Read more...