- Michelle Hughes from North Carolina - Continue to advocate for people with mental illnesses.
- Suzana from Balga - Walk 3 times a week, eat healthy and loose 7 kg in 2013 and don't sweat over small things. Learn new skill to start a new job.
- Libby from Mandurah - I am going to get more active and get my son and myself out and walking/riding in our neighbourhood every week.
- Jess from Cottesloe - To grow for the rest of my life.
- Jenni from Albany - To start each day thinking how great it is to be alive!
- annalise knock from morawa - to hang out with mates more often
- Denise from canningvale - To walk every day
- Depression Support Network Albany Inc from Albany - On Tuesday the 9th of October, in conjunction with the heart foundation, we held a wear blue for a day walking group and morning tea. We promoted exercise as a way towards gaining good mental health.
Catherine from West Hobart -
I wI'll commit to doing the RAW challenge in February...and help my teammates finish!
- Amberlee from Perth - I'm going to learn to speak Spanish!
Rory Wood-Ingram from Mallacoota -
I commit to do a 1/2 hour of meditation every day.
Erin from Victoria Park -
Becoming a youth mentor in 2014.
- ayla bond from Morawa - to get more exercise
- Melissa from East Perth - I am going to go for a walk every day.
- Horst from South Golden Beach - I will take a bag for collecting rubbish on my daily walk
- Emily from Morawa - To spend more time with my family
Michaela from Swanbourne -
I commit to starting learning Spanish again - taking the time even just once a week :)
- Mikaela from Gidgegannup - To donate more time to others less fortunate than I am
- buffy1981 from Nollamara - I am going to spend more QUALITY TIME with my two boys.
Taneeka from South Bunbury -
I will challenge myself by learning something new - a new musical instrument, sewing, cooking...
- Assefa from Maddington - I am going to enjoy every day no matter what
- Penny from Lismore - I pledge to involve myself in the community & share my skills with others.
- James Cameron from Swanbourne - To get out more often during the weekends.
- Ben James from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
- Mike Billing from Wellard - I am going to finish landscaping my front yard
- David from Shenton Park - I will volunteer for something
Aden from 4350 -
Learn how to write more songs for my band
- Lauren Carr from Padbury - I will be kind to myself, whether i praise myself inwardly for a job well done or treat myself to a good book and a cup of tea. I will not put myself down or uncredited anything i do.
Susannah from Narrogin -
Learn how to sew
- Jessica from Albany - I am going to invite my neighbours over for dinner
Mikaela from Morawa -
I will commit to finishing the first draft of one of my novels by the end of 3014
- Holly from Morawa - Eat better, drink more water,!
George Ho from Stirling -
Try origami ---
liberate your creativity and make a gift for your friend.
Lynsey from 6171 -
I pledge to learn how to run (properly!) So I can do fun runs! :)
- Simone from Secret Harbour - I pledge to make a greater commitment to my exercise and fitness.
- Pauline from Booragoon - I'm going to take my dog for a walk along the beach
- Lisa from Ferndale - I will never take another day for granted... every day I have, is a gift.
Jordan from Heathridge -
I pledge to read more books, help more around the house and do my homework every day
- Kate from Mount Nasura - I AM going to learn all the times tables
- Sam Temple from Mindarie - I am going to take my dog to the beach each day
- Kelly Dunlop from Thornlie - To join cricket club committee as Treasurer
- Pam from Roleystone - I'm going to make every day count
- Scott from Joondalup - I am going to learn to play chess
- john from maylands - I will have a better attitude towards my lifestyle and believe in myself
- Belinda from Waikiki - To encourage more people to use this site, it's excellent!
Amber from Albany -
Maintain my social commitments with friends.
- Kelly Peirce from Hillarys - I pledge to join a dance class
- Trish from Albany - Each day I will do something ACTIVE, each week I will connect with a group I BELONG to, each month I will review my COMMITments
- James Gordon from Orelia - I am going to ride my motorbike more on the weekends with friends
- David from Crawley - I am going to update the ABC iPhone app to support pledges!
- Tom Franklin from Kalgoorlie - I am going to have friends over for a bbq
Tom Molan from Mallacoota -
To become more physically active
- Jude Thomas from Mandurah - To think positive in every situation
- Emily Carslake from Morawa - To swim 3 nights a week.
- The Anonomous guy from morawa - get out, and have a laugh,
- Grant Westthorp from Albany - I am going to ask family and friends whether they are traveling okay.
- Lauren Barbera from Secret Harbour - To ride to work as often as I can and to walk my dog every night
Megan from Esperance -
Challenge my brain and commit to learning how to play the ukulele so I can join the local uke group :)
- Val from Hamersley - Stay positive, stay fit, stay in touch!
- Amy from Leeming - I am going to go dancing with my friends
- Jack Morton from Manning - I am going to play my guitar in the old peoples home near my house
- Greg Lake from perth - I am going to do one crossword puzzle everyday
- Bronwyn from Chelmer - I'm going to commit to going to Bollywood Funk dance classes for 3 months.
- Ian from Cairns - To start wheelchair yoga and get my body and mind back into training.
- Greg from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
- Craig from Yanchep - I'm going to try not to react in a negative way in situations that are out of my control
Latest News & Updates
It's not only about encouraging help seeking, it's also about what new and expecting parents can do to keep mentally healthy and prevent the onset of mental health problems.Read more...