- Depression Support Network Albany Inc from Albany - On Tuesday the 9th of October, in conjunction with the heart foundation, we held a wear blue for a day walking group and morning tea. We promoted exercise as a way towards gaining good mental health.
- Belinda from Waikiki - To encourage more people to use this site, it's excellent!
Mai from 6108 -
I pledge to always be positive and spread that optimism among others.
- The Anonomous guy from morawa - get out, and have a laugh,
- Mike Billing from Wellard - I am going to finish landscaping my front yard
Denise from Orange -
To slow down and enjoy the journey. Screw the destination.
- Grant Westthorp from Albany - I am going to ask family and friends whether they are traveling okay.
- Holly from Morawa - Eat better, drink more water,!
- Melissa from East Perth - I am going to go for a walk every day.
- Mikaela from Gidgegannup - To donate more time to others less fortunate than I am
- Jenni from Albany - To start each day thinking how great it is to be alive!
Meg from Kella -
I pledge to keep my pony fit.
- David from Crawley - I am going to update the ABC iPhone app to support pledges!
- James Cameron from Swanbourne - To get out more often during the weekends.
- Simone from Secret Harbour - I pledge to make a greater commitment to my exercise and fitness.
- Craig from Yanchep - I'm going to try not to react in a negative way in situations that are out of my control
- Jude Thomas from Mandurah - To think positive in every situation
Jordan from Heathridge -
I pledge to read more books, help more around the house and do my homework every day
- Emily from Morawa - To spend more time with my family
- Michelle Hughes from North Carolina - Continue to advocate for people with mental illnesses.
- Pam from Roleystone - I'm going to make every day count
Rory Wood-Ingram from Mallacoota -
I commit to do a 1/2 hour of meditation every day.
- Ben James from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
- Amberlee from Perth - I'm going to learn to speak Spanish!
- Pauline from Booragoon - I'm going to take my dog for a walk along the beach
- Kelly Peirce from Hillarys - I pledge to join a dance class
Tom Molan from Mallacoota -
To become more physically active
Lynsey from Nollamara -
I am going to be happy more and stop letting small things stress me out so easily.
Sindy from mel -
I will join a club and enjoy a wide range of activties.
Aimee Bassett from byford -
I pledge to be happy more and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Mikaela from Morawa -
I will commit to finishing the first draft of one of my novels by the end of 3014
George Ho from Stirling -
Try origami ---
liberate your creativity and make a gift for your friend.
Erin from Victoria Park -
Becoming a youth mentor in 2014.
- buffy1981 from Nollamara - I am going to spend more QUALITY TIME with my two boys.
Brittany from 6163 -
to have more faith in myself
Sonny from Merredin -
I Sonny King promice to commit to more acivites
- Jess from Cottesloe - To grow for the rest of my life.
- Penny from Lismore - I pledge to involve myself in the community & share my skills with others.
Kiara from Armadale -
I pledge to make more time for my photography
Michaela from Swanbourne -
I commit to starting learning Spanish again - taking the time even just once a week :)
Susannah from Narrogin -
Learn how to sew
Jo from Kwinana -
To train and participate in my first triathlon
- Trish from Albany - Each day I will do something ACTIVE, each week I will connect with a group I BELONG to, each month I will review my COMMITments
- Kelly Dunlop from Thornlie - To join cricket club committee as Treasurer
Catherine from West Hobart -
I wI'll commit to doing the RAW challenge in February...and help my teammates finish!
miranda from armadale -
I pledge to keep a healthy diet and to focus on my technique for dance
- Denise from canningvale - To walk every day
- Greg from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
- Lauren Carr from Padbury - I will be kind to myself, whether i praise myself inwardly for a job well done or treat myself to a good book and a cup of tea. I will not put myself down or uncredited anything i do.
- Assefa from Maddington - I am going to enjoy every day no matter what
- annalise knock from morawa - to hang out with mates more often
- James Gordon from Orelia - I am going to ride my motorbike more on the weekends with friends
- David from Shenton Park - I will volunteer for something
- Sam Temple from Mindarie - I am going to take my dog to the beach each day
Chloe from Merredin -
I pledge to better myself at archery before the state championships.
Aden from 4350 -
Learn how to write more songs for my band
- Horst from South Golden Beach - I will take a bag for collecting rubbish on my daily walk
- Tom Franklin from Kalgoorlie - I am going to have friends over for a bbq
Aaron from victoria park -
To be more positive in recovering from my condition
- Greg Lake from perth - I am going to do one crossword puzzle everyday
Rhylea from Merredin -
I pledge to be nicer to people and try to make more friends in highschool.
Lynsey from 6171 -
I pledge to learn how to run (properly!) So I can do fun runs! :)
Araminta from Mezza -
I pledge to read more books
- Suzana from Balga - Walk 3 times a week, eat healthy and loose 7 kg in 2013 and don't sweat over small things. Learn new skill to start a new job.
Jaxon from 6122 -
To encourage myself to further my dreams.
Taneeka from South Bunbury -
I will challenge myself by learning something new - a new musical instrument, sewing, cooking...
- Lisa from Ferndale - I will never take another day for granted... every day I have, is a gift.
- Scott from Joondalup - I am going to learn to play chess
Sarah-Lee Sweeney from 6008 -
To slow down to live in the moment and not plan too much too far ahead. To not shout at my boyfriend,to not be on my phone too much in the presence of others, especially in bed and to learn to meditate!
- Jessica from Albany - I am going to invite my neighbours over for dinner
- john from maylands - I will have a better attitude towards my lifestyle and believe in myself
- Emily Carslake from Morawa - To swim 3 nights a week.
Josh from Armadale -
I pledge to focus solely on my music career.
- Jack Morton from Manning - I am going to play my guitar in the old peoples home near my house
Megan from Esperance -
Challenge my brain and commit to learning how to play the ukulele so I can join the local uke group :)
- Amy from Leeming - I am going to go dancing with my friends
- Val from Hamersley - Stay positive, stay fit, stay in touch!
- Bronwyn from Chelmer - I'm going to commit to going to Bollywood Funk dance classes for 3 months.
Steve from Perth -
I pledge to start playing tennis again
- Libby from Mandurah - I am going to get more active and get my son and myself out and walking/riding in our neighbourhood every week.
- ayla bond from Morawa - to get more exercise
- Lauren Barbera from Secret Harbour - To ride to work as often as I can and to walk my dog every night
Kylie Slattery from Clarkson -
I Pledge to finally organise my venues for my Zumba Fitness Classses for Adults and Children by the end of 2015!!
Vanessa from Bayswater -
I pledge to continue learning to knit so I can knit outfits for the premmie babies at King Edward Hospital
- Ian from Cairns - To start wheelchair yoga and get my body and mind back into training.
- Kate from Mount Nasura - I AM going to learn all the times tables
Kellie Yeung from NSW 2000 -
I will keep in touch and ask a friend or loved on how they are
Amber from Albany -
Maintain my social commitments with friends.
Latest News & Updates
WESTERN Australia’s peak body for community mental health, the WA Association for Mental Health (WAAMH), with the support of the WA Mental Health Commission, are pleased to announce the Act-Belong-Commit message as the official theme for WA’s Mental Health Week in 2016.Read more...
Act-Belong-Commit Partner, the Spirit of the Streets Choir is a singing community that welcomes everybody, but has a strong focus on recruiting those who are outside the reach of the mainstream community. We spoke to a few of the members about how singing in the choir helps them to keep mentally healthy and here is what they had to say!Read more...