- Jenni from Albany - To start each day thinking how great it is to be alive!
- Melissa from East Perth - I am going to go for a walk every day.
- Horst from South Golden Beach - I will take a bag for collecting rubbish on my daily walk
- Sam Temple from Mindarie - I am going to take my dog to the beach each day
- Jess from Cottesloe - To grow for the rest of my life.
- Tom Franklin from Kalgoorlie - I am going to have friends over for a bbq
- David from Shenton Park - I will volunteer for something
Vanessa from Bayswater -
I pledge to continue learning to knit so I can knit outfits for the premmie babies at King Edward Hospital
- annalise knock from morawa - to hang out with mates more often
Michaela from Swanbourne -
I commit to starting learning Spanish again - taking the time even just once a week :)
Jordan from Heathridge -
I pledge to read more books, help more around the house and do my homework every day
George Ho from Stirling -
Try origami ---
liberate your creativity and make a gift for your friend.
Megan from Esperance -
Challenge my brain and commit to learning how to play the ukulele so I can join the local uke group :)
Jaxon from 6122 -
To encourage myself to further my dreams.
- James Cameron from Swanbourne - To get out more often during the weekends.
- David from Crawley - I am going to update the ABC iPhone app to support pledges!
- Mike Billing from Wellard - I am going to finish landscaping my front yard
Rhylea from Merredin -
I pledge to be nicer to people and try to make more friends in highschool.
- Jude Thomas from Mandurah - To think positive in every situation
Amber from Albany -
Maintain my social commitments with friends.
Meg from Kella -
I pledge to keep my pony fit.
- Denise from canningvale - To walk every day
Kiara from Armadale -
I pledge to make more time for my photography
- Lauren Carr from Padbury - I will be kind to myself, whether i praise myself inwardly for a job well done or treat myself to a good book and a cup of tea. I will not put myself down or uncredited anything i do.
- Amy from Leeming - I am going to go dancing with my friends
Mikaela from Morawa -
I will commit to finishing the first draft of one of my novels by the end of 3014
- Craig from Yanchep - I'm going to try not to react in a negative way in situations that are out of my control
- Holly from Morawa - Eat better, drink more water,!
- Pauline from Booragoon - I'm going to take my dog for a walk along the beach
Araminta from Mezza -
I pledge to read more books
Aden from 4350 -
Learn how to write more songs for my band
Tom Molan from Mallacoota -
To become more physically active
- Val from Hamersley - Stay positive, stay fit, stay in touch!
- Mikaela from Gidgegannup - To donate more time to others less fortunate than I am
- Michelle Hughes from North Carolina - Continue to advocate for people with mental illnesses.
Rory Wood-Ingram from Mallacoota -
I commit to do a 1/2 hour of meditation every day.
Aaron from victoria park -
To be more positive in recovering from my condition
- Jack Morton from Manning - I am going to play my guitar in the old peoples home near my house
- Trish from Albany - Each day I will do something ACTIVE, each week I will connect with a group I BELONG to, each month I will review my COMMITments
- Libby from Mandurah - I am going to get more active and get my son and myself out and walking/riding in our neighbourhood every week.
- Greg Lake from perth - I am going to do one crossword puzzle everyday
- Bronwyn from Chelmer - I'm going to commit to going to Bollywood Funk dance classes for 3 months.
- Ian from Cairns - To start wheelchair yoga and get my body and mind back into training.
- Lauren Barbera from Secret Harbour - To ride to work as often as I can and to walk my dog every night
- Ben James from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
- Belinda from Waikiki - To encourage more people to use this site, it's excellent!
- Pam from Roleystone - I'm going to make every day count
- Kelly Peirce from Hillarys - I pledge to join a dance class
- ayla bond from Morawa - to get more exercise
- Scott from Joondalup - I am going to learn to play chess
- Kelly Dunlop from Thornlie - To join cricket club committee as Treasurer
Catherine from West Hobart -
I wI'll commit to doing the RAW challenge in February...and help my teammates finish!
Taneeka from South Bunbury -
I will challenge myself by learning something new - a new musical instrument, sewing, cooking...
Lynsey from 6171 -
I pledge to learn how to run (properly!) So I can do fun runs! :)
- Greg from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
Aimee Bassett from byford -
I pledge to be happy more and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Chloe from Merredin -
I pledge to better myself at archery before the state championships.
- James Gordon from Orelia - I am going to ride my motorbike more on the weekends with friends
- john from maylands - I will have a better attitude towards my lifestyle and believe in myself
Susannah from Narrogin -
Learn how to sew
- Emily Carslake from Morawa - To swim 3 nights a week.
- Penny from Lismore - I pledge to involve myself in the community & share my skills with others.
Erin from Victoria Park -
Becoming a youth mentor in 2014.
- buffy1981 from Nollamara - I am going to spend more QUALITY TIME with my two boys.
- The Anonomous guy from morawa - get out, and have a laugh,
Brittany from 6163 -
to have more faith in myself
- Jessica from Albany - I am going to invite my neighbours over for dinner
- Simone from Secret Harbour - I pledge to make a greater commitment to my exercise and fitness.
- Lisa from Ferndale - I will never take another day for granted... every day I have, is a gift.
- Kate from Mount Nasura - I AM going to learn all the times tables
- Assefa from Maddington - I am going to enjoy every day no matter what
- Grant Westthorp from Albany - I am going to ask family and friends whether they are traveling okay.
- Amberlee from Perth - I'm going to learn to speak Spanish!
- Suzana from Balga - Walk 3 times a week, eat healthy and loose 7 kg in 2013 and don't sweat over small things. Learn new skill to start a new job.
- Emily from Morawa - To spend more time with my family
- Depression Support Network Albany Inc from Albany - On Tuesday the 9th of October, in conjunction with the heart foundation, we held a wear blue for a day walking group and morning tea. We promoted exercise as a way towards gaining good mental health.
Latest News & Updates
Be active, belong to your community and make commitments to the activities you engage in - that's the message for Mental Health Week in Western Australia this year.
It's a time to raise awareness of mental illness and reduce stigma, and reflect on the sorts of things that keep us mentally healthy.Read more...
Eight years after the mental health campaign Act-Belong-Commit was launched state-wide in Western Australia, progress is being made towards an adaptation of the campaign for Aboriginal communities.
And it's all happening on the Pilbara door step.
We are seeking to partner with organisations who share a vision for a mentally healthy WA. If your group or organisation offers opportunities for mentally healthy engagement, strives to improve individual and community wellbeing; or is keen to change the way people think about mental health, you may like to consider partnering with us.Read more...