Megan from Esperance -
Challenge my brain and commit to learning how to play the ukulele so I can join the local uke group :)
- David from Crawley - I am going to update the ABC iPhone app to support pledges!
- john from maylands - I will have a better attitude towards my lifestyle and believe in myself
- Amy from Leeming - I am going to go dancing with my friends
Kellie Yeung from NSW 2000 -
I will keep in touch and ask a friend or loved on how they are
- James Cameron from Swanbourne - To get out more often during the weekends.
- Lisa from Ferndale - I will never take another day for granted... every day I have, is a gift.
Catherine from West Hobart -
I wI'll commit to doing the RAW challenge in February...and help my teammates finish!
Jaxon from 6122 -
To encourage myself to further my dreams.
- Greg Lake from perth - I am going to do one crossword puzzle everyday
Mikaela from Morawa -
I will commit to finishing the first draft of one of my novels by the end of 3014
miranda from armadale -
I pledge to keep a healthy diet and to focus on my technique for dance
Jordan from Heathridge -
I pledge to read more books, help more around the house and do my homework every day
Amber from Albany -
Maintain my social commitments with friends.
- Suzana from Balga - Walk 3 times a week, eat healthy and loose 7 kg in 2013 and don't sweat over small things. Learn new skill to start a new job.
Michaela from Swanbourne -
I commit to starting learning Spanish again - taking the time even just once a week :)
Lynsey from Nollamara -
I am going to be happy more and stop letting small things stress me out so easily.
- Scott from Joondalup - I am going to learn to play chess
Rory Wood-Ingram from Mallacoota -
I commit to do a 1/2 hour of meditation every day.
Meg from Kella -
I pledge to keep my pony fit.
Taneeka from South Bunbury -
I will challenge myself by learning something new - a new musical instrument, sewing, cooking...
Aden from 4350 -
Learn how to write more songs for my band
- James Gordon from Orelia - I am going to ride my motorbike more on the weekends with friends
- Bronwyn from Chelmer - I'm going to commit to going to Bollywood Funk dance classes for 3 months.
Denise from Orange -
To slow down and enjoy the journey. Screw the destination.
- Emily from Morawa - To spend more time with my family
- Pauline from Booragoon - I'm going to take my dog for a walk along the beach
- Lauren Carr from Padbury - I will be kind to myself, whether i praise myself inwardly for a job well done or treat myself to a good book and a cup of tea. I will not put myself down or uncredited anything i do.
- Lauren Barbera from Secret Harbour - To ride to work as often as I can and to walk my dog every night
- Trish from Albany - Each day I will do something ACTIVE, each week I will connect with a group I BELONG to, each month I will review my COMMITments
Aaron from victoria park -
To be more positive in recovering from my condition
- Mike Billing from Wellard - I am going to finish landscaping my front yard
Erin from Victoria Park -
Becoming a youth mentor in 2014.
Araminta from Mezza -
I pledge to read more books
- Denise from canningvale - To walk every day
- Holly from Morawa - Eat better, drink more water,!
- Pam from Roleystone - I'm going to make every day count
Steve from Perth -
I pledge to start playing tennis again
- Tom Franklin from Kalgoorlie - I am going to have friends over for a bbq
- Melissa from East Perth - I am going to go for a walk every day.
- buffy1981 from Nollamara - I am going to spend more QUALITY TIME with my two boys.
Susannah from Narrogin -
Learn how to sew
Kylie Slattery from Clarkson -
I Pledge to finally organise my venues for my Zumba Fitness Classses for Adults and Children by the end of 2015!!
- Michelle Hughes from North Carolina - Continue to advocate for people with mental illnesses.
- David from Shenton Park - I will volunteer for something
- Kelly Peirce from Hillarys - I pledge to join a dance class
- Val from Hamersley - Stay positive, stay fit, stay in touch!
- Penny from Lismore - I pledge to involve myself in the community & share my skills with others.
George Ho from Stirling -
Try origami ---
liberate your creativity and make a gift for your friend.
Vanessa from Bayswater -
I pledge to continue learning to knit so I can knit outfits for the premmie babies at King Edward Hospital
Aimee Bassett from byford -
I pledge to be happy more and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Depression Support Network Albany Inc from Albany - On Tuesday the 9th of October, in conjunction with the heart foundation, we held a wear blue for a day walking group and morning tea. We promoted exercise as a way towards gaining good mental health.
Tom Molan from Mallacoota -
To become more physically active
- Kelly Dunlop from Thornlie - To join cricket club committee as Treasurer
Josh from Armadale -
I pledge to focus solely on my music career.
Brittany from 6163 -
to have more faith in myself
- Greg from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
- annalise knock from morawa - to hang out with mates more often
- Jess from Cottesloe - To grow for the rest of my life.
- Jack Morton from Manning - I am going to play my guitar in the old peoples home near my house
- Grant Westthorp from Albany - I am going to ask family and friends whether they are traveling okay.
- Sam Temple from Mindarie - I am going to take my dog to the beach each day
- ayla bond from Morawa - to get more exercise
- The Anonomous guy from morawa - get out, and have a laugh,
- Jessica from Albany - I am going to invite my neighbours over for dinner
- Horst from South Golden Beach - I will take a bag for collecting rubbish on my daily walk
- Simone from Secret Harbour - I pledge to make a greater commitment to my exercise and fitness.
- Jenni from Albany - To start each day thinking how great it is to be alive!
Kiara from Armadale -
I pledge to make more time for my photography
- Belinda from Waikiki - To encourage more people to use this site, it's excellent!
- Kate from Mount Nasura - I AM going to learn all the times tables
- Emily Carslake from Morawa - To swim 3 nights a week.
- Mikaela from Gidgegannup - To donate more time to others less fortunate than I am
- Libby from Mandurah - I am going to get more active and get my son and myself out and walking/riding in our neighbourhood every week.
Sindy from mel -
I will join a club and enjoy a wide range of activties.
Sarah-Lee Sweeney from 6008 -
To slow down to live in the moment and not plan too much too far ahead. To not shout at my boyfriend,to not be on my phone too much in the presence of others, especially in bed and to learn to meditate!
- Ian from Cairns - To start wheelchair yoga and get my body and mind back into training.
Sonny from Merredin -
I Sonny King promice to commit to more acivites
- Assefa from Maddington - I am going to enjoy every day no matter what
Chloe from Merredin -
I pledge to better myself at archery before the state championships.
Mai from 6108 -
I pledge to always be positive and spread that optimism among others.
- Ben James from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
- Amberlee from Perth - I'm going to learn to speak Spanish!
- Craig from Yanchep - I'm going to try not to react in a negative way in situations that are out of my control
Rhylea from Merredin -
I pledge to be nicer to people and try to make more friends in highschool.
Lynsey from 6171 -
I pledge to learn how to run (properly!) So I can do fun runs! :)
- Jude Thomas from Mandurah - To think positive in every situation
Jo from Kwinana -
To train and participate in my first triathlon
Latest News & Updates
This year, Mental Health Week runs from the 9-15 October. It's an opportunity to promote awareness about mental health and wellbeing, and equip people with the right information. The theme for 2016 is Act-Belong-Commit, with a focus on suicide prevention. We've put together a list of ideas of activities/events that you can do in your school, workplace, club, community group or friendship network....Read more...
Act-Belong-Commit Partner, the Spirit of the Streets Choir is a singing community that welcomes everybody, but has a strong focus on recruiting those who are outside the reach of the mainstream community. We spoke to a few of the members about how singing in the choir helps them to keep mentally healthy and here is what they had to say!Read more...