- Holly from Morawa - Eat better, drink more water,!
- Emily from Morawa - To spend more time with my family
- Belinda from Waikiki - To encourage more people to use this site, it's excellent!
Sindy from mel -
I will join a club and enjoy a wide range of activties.
- Denise from canningvale - To walk every day
Taneeka from South Bunbury -
I will challenge myself by learning something new - a new musical instrument, sewing, cooking...
- Pauline from Booragoon - I'm going to take my dog for a walk along the beach
Megan from Esperance -
Challenge my brain and commit to learning how to play the ukulele so I can join the local uke group :)
- Sam Temple from Mindarie - I am going to take my dog to the beach each day
Jaxon from 6122 -
To encourage myself to further my dreams.
- Jessica from Albany - I am going to invite my neighbours over for dinner
Susannah from Narrogin -
Learn how to sew
Brittany from 6163 -
to have more faith in myself
Amber from Albany -
Maintain my social commitments with friends.
- Amy from Leeming - I am going to go dancing with my friends
Rory Wood-Ingram from Mallacoota -
I commit to do a 1/2 hour of meditation every day.
- Trish from Albany - Each day I will do something ACTIVE, each week I will connect with a group I BELONG to, each month I will review my COMMITments
Kellie Yeung from NSW 2000 -
I will keep in touch and ask a friend or loved on how they are
Mikaela from Morawa -
I will commit to finishing the first draft of one of my novels by the end of 3014
Meg from Kella -
I pledge to keep my pony fit.
- Ben James from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
- Lisa from Ferndale - I will never take another day for granted... every day I have, is a gift.
- Grant Westthorp from Albany - I am going to ask family and friends whether they are traveling okay.
- David from Crawley - I am going to update the ABC iPhone app to support pledges!
- Pam from Roleystone - I'm going to make every day count
Michaela from Swanbourne -
I commit to starting learning Spanish again - taking the time even just once a week :)
Aimee Bassett from byford -
I pledge to be happy more and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Araminta from Mezza -
I pledge to read more books
- Jude Thomas from Mandurah - To think positive in every situation
- David from Shenton Park - I will volunteer for something
- Libby from Mandurah - I am going to get more active and get my son and myself out and walking/riding in our neighbourhood every week.
- Michelle Hughes from North Carolina - Continue to advocate for people with mental illnesses.
- buffy1981 from Nollamara - I am going to spend more QUALITY TIME with my two boys.
- Lauren Barbera from Secret Harbour - To ride to work as often as I can and to walk my dog every night
Sonny from Merredin -
I Sonny King promice to commit to more acivites
- Greg from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
- Jack Morton from Manning - I am going to play my guitar in the old peoples home near my house
- ayla bond from Morawa - to get more exercise
- Penny from Lismore - I pledge to involve myself in the community & share my skills with others.
- The Anonomous guy from morawa - get out, and have a laugh,
Sarah-Lee Sweeney from 6008 -
To slow down to live in the moment and not plan too much too far ahead. To not shout at my boyfriend,to not be on my phone too much in the presence of others, especially in bed and to learn to meditate!
- Mikaela from Gidgegannup - To donate more time to others less fortunate than I am
Kiara from Armadale -
I pledge to make more time for my photography
Catherine from West Hobart -
I wI'll commit to doing the RAW challenge in February...and help my teammates finish!
Vanessa from Bayswater -
I pledge to continue learning to knit so I can knit outfits for the premmie babies at King Edward Hospital
Aaron from victoria park -
To be more positive in recovering from my condition
- Jenni from Albany - To start each day thinking how great it is to be alive!
Lynsey from Nollamara -
I am going to be happy more and stop letting small things stress me out so easily.
Rhylea from Merredin -
I pledge to be nicer to people and try to make more friends in highschool.
Chloe from Merredin -
I pledge to better myself at archery before the state championships.
- Craig from Yanchep - I'm going to try not to react in a negative way in situations that are out of my control
Jo from Kwinana -
To train and participate in my first triathlon
- Simone from Secret Harbour - I pledge to make a greater commitment to my exercise and fitness.
Erin from Victoria Park -
Becoming a youth mentor in 2014.
- Greg Lake from perth - I am going to do one crossword puzzle everyday
Denise from Orange -
To slow down and enjoy the journey. Screw the destination.
- Melissa from East Perth - I am going to go for a walk every day.
Josh from Armadale -
I pledge to focus solely on my music career.
- Tom Franklin from Kalgoorlie - I am going to have friends over for a bbq
- Scott from Joondalup - I am going to learn to play chess
- Suzana from Balga - Walk 3 times a week, eat healthy and loose 7 kg in 2013 and don't sweat over small things. Learn new skill to start a new job.
- Horst from South Golden Beach - I will take a bag for collecting rubbish on my daily walk
Tom Molan from Mallacoota -
To become more physically active
- Lauren Carr from Padbury - I will be kind to myself, whether i praise myself inwardly for a job well done or treat myself to a good book and a cup of tea. I will not put myself down or uncredited anything i do.
- Mike Billing from Wellard - I am going to finish landscaping my front yard
- Bronwyn from Chelmer - I'm going to commit to going to Bollywood Funk dance classes for 3 months.
- Amberlee from Perth - I'm going to learn to speak Spanish!
Jordan from Heathridge -
I pledge to read more books, help more around the house and do my homework every day
- Kelly Dunlop from Thornlie - To join cricket club committee as Treasurer
- Kate from Mount Nasura - I AM going to learn all the times tables
miranda from armadale -
I pledge to keep a healthy diet and to focus on my technique for dance
- Ian from Cairns - To start wheelchair yoga and get my body and mind back into training.
- john from maylands - I will have a better attitude towards my lifestyle and believe in myself
- Jess from Cottesloe - To grow for the rest of my life.
Steve from Perth -
I pledge to start playing tennis again
- Val from Hamersley - Stay positive, stay fit, stay in touch!
Lynsey from 6171 -
I pledge to learn how to run (properly!) So I can do fun runs! :)
George Ho from Stirling -
Try origami ---
liberate your creativity and make a gift for your friend.
Aden from 4350 -
Learn how to write more songs for my band
- annalise knock from morawa - to hang out with mates more often
- James Gordon from Orelia - I am going to ride my motorbike more on the weekends with friends
Mai from 6108 -
I pledge to always be positive and spread that optimism among others.
- Assefa from Maddington - I am going to enjoy every day no matter what
- James Cameron from Swanbourne - To get out more often during the weekends.
Kylie Slattery from Clarkson -
I Pledge to finally organise my venues for my Zumba Fitness Classses for Adults and Children by the end of 2015!!
- Kelly Peirce from Hillarys - I pledge to join a dance class
- Emily Carslake from Morawa - To swim 3 nights a week.
- Depression Support Network Albany Inc from Albany - On Tuesday the 9th of October, in conjunction with the heart foundation, we held a wear blue for a day walking group and morning tea. We promoted exercise as a way towards gaining good mental health.
Latest News & Updates
This year, Mental Health Week runs from the 9-15 October. It's an opportunity to promote awareness about mental health and wellbeing, and equip people with the right information. The theme for 2016 is Act-Belong-Commit, with a focus on suicide prevention. We've put together a list of ideas of activities/events that you can do in your school, workplace, club, community group or friendship network....Read more...
Act-Belong-Commit Partner, the Spirit of the Streets Choir is a singing community that welcomes everybody, but has a strong focus on recruiting those who are outside the reach of the mainstream community. We spoke to a few of the members about how singing in the choir helps them to keep mentally healthy and here is what they had to say!Read more...