25 Small Ways to Incorporate Random Acts of Kindness into Your Daily Life
It's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life and to forget about the small things such as those small acts of kindness that bring a smile to someone’s dial.
However, think about it. How wonderful is it to be on the receiving end of a random act of kindness?
As well as making people feel good, kindness has been proven to be good for your physical and mental health, as well as the greater community! In fact, it can ease your stress levels, help you to live longer, improve your relationships AND build positive and engaged communities.
To inspire you, here are 25 small ways you can incorporate random acts of kindness into your daily life:
- Plant a tree
- Pay for someone’s coffee
- Be polite to other road users
- Donate old blankets or towels to an animal shelter
- Make someone a handmade card or write someone a handwritten letter
- Be nice to the person who serves you
- Take the time to listen to someone
- Offer to run errands for a friend
- Volunteer your time for a good cause
- Prepare a meal for a loved one
- Put someone’s trolley back for them
- Adopt don’t shop
- Reuse and recycle
- Hold the door open for someone
- Give a stranger a compliment
- Pick up rubbish from the park or street
- Offer to walk a neighbour’s dog for them
- Wash someone’s car for them
- Make someone breakfast in bed
- Stop to talk to an elderly person
- Give up your seat on the bus or train to another person
- Reconnect with old friends
- Show yourself some kindness!
- Pay for someone’s groceries
- Give someone one of our Random Acts of Kindness Cards!
And remember, kindness is free (and contagious) so pass it on!
“Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” - Desmond Tutu