Foodbank WA’s A-B-C of New Year Resolutions
If you are looking for a New Year’s resolution that will make you feel happier, healthier and give you a sense of purpose – then 2019 is the year to focus on your mental health.
How can you improve you mental health? You can Act-Belong-Commit! Foodbank WA have some awesome ways to A-B-C in your home and community.
GET INVOLVED IN YOUR COMMUNITY
Go to a Food Sensations for Adults® Program
These nutrition and cooking sessions run over four weeks, and anyone can attend! Over the course of the program you will meet new people, learn new knowledge and skills, and get to cook and eat some delicious healthy food! Click here to find a public program near you.
TRY NEW THINGS
Start the year by trying out some delicious and nutritious new recipes – visit superherofoodshq.org.au for your next meal!
Try yoga! At Foodbank WA, we have been promoting good mental health by having workplace yoga once a week. If yoga isn’t your thing, there are many other ways to promote mindfulness, such as meditation – check out the free phone app Headspace, which has guided meditation.
DO SOMETHING MEANINGFUL
- Volunteer in our Foodbank WA community kitchen in Perth, or in one of our warehouses – we have branches in Perth, Peel, Bunbury, Geraldton, Albany & Kalgoorlie! Email us for more information.
- If you’re a nutrition or dietetics student, volunteer to help out at our Food Sensations programs. Email email@example.com if you would like to be involved.
- Volunteer at your local school breakfast program to help give students a nutritious start to their day. Get in touch with a school principal in your area, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like some contact details.
- Help those in need by donating food, funds, or services to Foodbank WA. Visit our website for more information.
- Organise a food drive! Rally your friends, family and local community members to donate food to Foodbank WA to help feed those who are disadvantaged.