Thank you to everyone who entered our World Environment Day competition! We received lots of amazing entries and enjoyed looking through them! It was a tough decision for the team here but we have selected a winner and two finalists.
We have a limited number of posters available for you to advertise Mental Health Week and your event.
To celebrate the Elders Birthday NAIDOC Event at the Roebourne District High School the boys were taught traditional dance by the local male Elders and this was their first performance, from this other communities want to start their own traditional dance classes.
Through Weerianna Street Media, Roebourne opened the City of Karratha's 2015 NAIDOC event on Saturday 26th June.
NAIDOC Week celebrations are held across Australia each July to celebrate the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples'. All Australians - young and old – are encouraged to embrace and get involved with NAIDOC each year by finding out about local NAIDOC events, going along and participating. For more information about NAIDOC: naidoc.org.au
- Assefa from Maddington - I am going to enjoy every day no matter what
- Simone from Secret Harbour - I pledge to make a greater commitment to my exercise and fitness.
- Denise from canningvale - To walk every day
- Amberlee from Perth - I'm going to learn to speak Spanish!
- David from Crawley - I am going to update the ABC iPhone app to support pledges!
- David from Shenton Park - I will volunteer for something
- Bronwyn from Chelmer - I'm going to commit to going to Bollywood Funk dance classes for 3 months.
- Libby from Mandurah - I am going to get more active and get my son and myself out and walking/riding in our neighbourhood every week.
- Lauren Carr from Padbury - "I will be kind to myself, whether I praise myself inwardly for a job well done or treat myself to a good book and a cup of tea. I will not put myself down or uncredited anything I do."
- Craig from Yanchep - I'm going to try not to react in a negative way in situations that are out of my control
- Kate from Mount Nasura - I AM going to learn all the times tables
- buffy1981 from Nollamara - I am going to spend more QUALITY TIME with my two boys.
- Scott from Joondalup - I am going to learn to play chess
- Greg Lake from perth - I am going to do one crossword puzzle everyday
- Ben James from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
- Pauline from Booragoon - I'm going to take my dog for a walk along the beach
- Sam Temple from Mindarie - I am going to take my dog to the beach each day
- Jude Thomas from Mandurah - To think positive in every situation
- Tom Franklin from Kalgoorlie - I am going to have friends over for a bbq
- Jack Morton from Manning - I am going to play my guitar in the old peoples home near my house
- James Gordon from Orelia - I am going to ride my motorbike more on the weekends with friends
- Mike Billing from Wellard - I am going to finish landscaping my front yard
- Jessica from Albany - I am going to invite my neighbours over for dinner
- Amy from Leeming - I am going to go dancing with my friends
- Greg from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
Latest News & Updates
Come to our FUN & FREE workshop where you will learn:
- About Act-Belong-Commit
- How you can talk to friends about being mentally healthy
- How you can assist others to get involved in the community
We are seeking to partner with organisations who share a vision for a mentally healthy WA. If your group or organisation offers opportunities for mentally healthy engagement, strives to improve individual and community wellbeing; or is keen to change the way people think about mental health, you may like to consider partnering with us.Read more...