‘Standing Strong Together’ emphasises the dependency of Social and Emotional Wellbeing on interactions with family, involvement in community activities and connection to Country and culture.
You can Act-Belong-Commit by:
Keeping mentally, socially, spiritually, culturally and physically active by:
- Expressing culture in art, music, dance and stories.
Building and maintaining a strong Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander identity by:
- Keeping connected to family and language groups
- Supporting family and community
- Getting together with others at cultural events and visits to Country
- Taking part in cultural ceremonies.
Making a commitment to:
- Care for Country
- Teach young ones about culture and language
- Re-learn culture and language yourself.
Learn about the Act-Belong-Commit Standing Strong Together Aboriginal Program
Resources for Purchase
Standing Strong Together resources for purchase
Other Useful Resources
- Strong Spirit Strong Mind Metro Project
- Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet
- The Aboriginal Health Council of Western Australia
- Reach Out
- Ruah Community Services - 13 78 24
- Lifeline - 13 11 14
- Counselling Online
- Samaritans 24/7 Crisis Line - 135 247
- Mental Health Emergency Response Line 24/7
- Metro 1300 555 788
- Country 1800 224 636
- Beyondblue - 1300 224 636
- Wungening Aboriginal Corporation
- Search here for other Alcohol & Other Drugs + Mental Health Service Providers in your area