Mental Health Recovery
Keep active physically, mentally, spiritually and socially.
• Take a walk in nature
• Catch up with a friend
• Go for a picnic in the park or at the beach
• Try a new recipe
• Try an activity like yoga which is great for your body and relaxing for your mind
Doing an activity in nature - give an extra mental health boost. It helps us recover from stress and helps us to relax.
Join in club and community events
• Join a group in your community, such as a recovery or support group, sports club, arts society or hobby group
• Make an effort to meet up with family or friends for outings, or nights in together
Belonging is a natural human need and important for good mental health.
Do things that provide meaning and purpose in life.
• Do a random act of kindness.
• If you regularly attend a group, you may like to consider taking on a volunteer role, or offer to help fellow members with group activities
Making a ‘commitment’ to activities and achieving your goals builds self-esteem, confidence
- Find out more about our Recovery Program
- Find out where you can get help.