I started surfing last year
and haven’t stopped since
David from Secret Harbour
Elizabeth from Fremantle
I hang out with my
friends more often
Mark from Morley
I give something back
to the community
Jason from Albany
- Greg Lake from perth - I am going to do one crossword puzzle everyday
- Craig from Yanchep - I'm going to try not to react in a negative way in situations that are out of my control
Chloe from Merredin -
I pledge to better myself at archery before the state championships.
- ayla bond from Morawa - to get more exercise
Michaela from Swanbourne -
I commit to starting learning Spanish again - taking the time even just once a week :)
- Assefa from Maddington - I am going to enjoy every day no matter what
- Ian from Cairns - To start wheelchair yoga and get my body and mind back into training.
- David from Shenton Park - I will volunteer for something
- Kate from Mount Nasura - I AM going to learn all the times tables
- Melissa from East Perth - I am going to go for a walk every day.
Rory Wood-Ingram from Mallacoota -
I commit to do a 1/2 hour of meditation every day.
- Lauren Carr from Padbury - I will be kind to myself, whether i praise myself inwardly for a job well done or treat myself to a good book and a cup of tea. I will not put myself down or uncredited anything i do.
- James Cameron from Swanbourne - To get out more often during the weekends.
- buffy1981 from Nollamara - I am going to spend more QUALITY TIME with my two boys.
- Denise from canningvale - To walk every day
- Pauline from Booragoon - I'm going to take my dog for a walk along the beach
Tom Molan from Mallacoota -
To become more physically active
- Kelly Peirce from Hillarys - I pledge to join a dance class
Meg from Kella -
I pledge to keep my pony fit.
Mikaela from Morawa -
I will commit to finishing the first draft of one of my novels by the end of 3014
- Amy from Leeming - I am going to go dancing with my friends
- Emily Carslake from Morawa - To swim 3 nights a week.
Rhylea from Merredin -
I pledge to be nicer to people and try to make more friends in highschool.
- Jenni from Albany - To start each day thinking how great it is to be alive!
- Michelle Hughes from North Carolina - Continue to advocate for people with mental illnesses.
- Bronwyn from Chelmer - I'm going to commit to going to Bollywood Funk dance classes for 3 months.
- Libby from Mandurah - I am going to get more active and get my son and myself out and walking/riding in our neighbourhood every week.
Jordan from Heathridge -
I pledge to read more books, help more around the house and do my homework every day
- Suzana from Balga - Walk 3 times a week, eat healthy and loose 7 kg in 2013 and don't sweat over small things. Learn new skill to start a new job.
- Amberlee from Perth - I'm going to learn to speak Spanish!
Megan from Esperance -
Challenge my brain and commit to learning how to play the ukulele so I can join the local uke group :)
- Jude Thomas from Mandurah - To think positive in every situation
Susannah from Narrogin -
Learn how to sew
Aaron from victoria park -
To be more positive in recovering from my condition
- Jack Morton from Manning - I am going to play my guitar in the old peoples home near my house
- Mikaela from Gidgegannup - To donate more time to others less fortunate than I am
- Grant Westthorp from Albany - I am going to ask family and friends whether they are traveling okay.
- Kelly Dunlop from Thornlie - To join cricket club committee as Treasurer
- Holly from Morawa - Eat better, drink more water,!
Catherine from West Hobart -
I wI'll commit to doing the RAW challenge in February...and help my teammates finish!
George Ho from Stirling -
Try origami ---
liberate your creativity and make a gift for your friend.
- James Gordon from Orelia - I am going to ride my motorbike more on the weekends with friends
- The Anonomous guy from morawa - get out, and have a laugh,
- Val from Hamersley - Stay positive, stay fit, stay in touch!
- Emily from Morawa - To spend more time with my family
Kiara from Armadale -
I pledge to make more time for my photography
- Pam from Roleystone - I'm going to make every day count
- Tom Franklin from Kalgoorlie - I am going to have friends over for a bbq
- Simone from Secret Harbour - I pledge to make a greater commitment to my exercise and fitness.
Brittany from 6163 -
to have more faith in myself
- john from maylands - I will have a better attitude towards my lifestyle and believe in myself
Erin from Victoria Park -
Becoming a youth mentor in 2014.
- Depression Support Network Albany Inc from Albany - On Tuesday the 9th of October, in conjunction with the heart foundation, we held a wear blue for a day walking group and morning tea. We promoted exercise as a way towards gaining good mental health.
- Greg from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
- Mike Billing from Wellard - I am going to finish landscaping my front yard
- David from Crawley - I am going to update the ABC iPhone app to support pledges!
- Lisa from Ferndale - I will never take another day for granted... every day I have, is a gift.
Aden from 4350 -
Learn how to write more songs for my band
Aimee Bassett from byford -
I pledge to be happy more and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Scott from Joondalup - I am going to learn to play chess
Jaxon from 6122 -
To encourage myself to further my dreams.
Lynsey from 6171 -
I pledge to learn how to run (properly!) So I can do fun runs! :)
Taneeka from South Bunbury -
I will challenge myself by learning something new - a new musical instrument, sewing, cooking...
- Jessica from Albany - I am going to invite my neighbours over for dinner
- Lauren Barbera from Secret Harbour - To ride to work as often as I can and to walk my dog every night
- Trish from Albany - Each day I will do something ACTIVE, each week I will connect with a group I BELONG to, each month I will review my COMMITments
Vanessa from Bayswater -
I pledge to continue learning to knit so I can knit outfits for the premmie babies at King Edward Hospital
- Ben James from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
- Horst from South Golden Beach - I will take a bag for collecting rubbish on my daily walk
- Penny from Lismore - I pledge to involve myself in the community & share my skills with others.
- Belinda from Waikiki - To encourage more people to use this site, it's excellent!
- Jess from Cottesloe - To grow for the rest of my life.
- annalise knock from morawa - to hang out with mates more often
Araminta from Mezza -
I pledge to read more books
- Sam Temple from Mindarie - I am going to take my dog to the beach each day
Amber from Albany -
Maintain my social commitments with friends.
Latest News & Updates
Be active, belong to your community and make commitments to the activities you engage in - that's the message for Mental Health Week in Western Australia this year.
It's a time to raise awareness of mental illness and reduce stigma, and reflect on the sorts of things that keep us mentally healthy.Read more...
Eight years after the mental health campaign Act-Belong-Commit was launched state-wide in Western Australia, progress is being made towards an adaptation of the campaign for Aboriginal communities.
And it's all happening on the Pilbara door step.
We are seeking to partner with organisations who share a vision for a mentally healthy WA. If your group or organisation offers opportunities for mentally healthy engagement, strives to improve individual and community wellbeing; or is keen to change the way people think about mental health, you may like to consider partnering with us.Read more...