I started surfing last year
and haven’t stopped since
David from Secret Harbour
Elizabeth from Fremantle
I hang out with my
friends more often
Mark from Morley
I give something back
to the community
Jason from Albany
- Lauren Barbera from Secret Harbour - To ride to work as often as I can and to walk my dog every night
- Jude Thomas from Mandurah - To think positive in every situation
- annalise knock from morawa - to hang out with mates more often
- Jack Morton from Manning - I am going to play my guitar in the old peoples home near my house
Rhylea from Merredin -
I pledge to be nicer to people and try to make more friends in highschool.
- Kelly Dunlop from Thornlie - To join cricket club committee as Treasurer
Chloe from Merredin -
I pledge to better myself at archery before the state championships.
- Craig from Yanchep - I'm going to try not to react in a negative way in situations that are out of my control
Susannah from Narrogin -
Learn how to sew
- Holly from Morawa - Eat better, drink more water,!
Jordan from Heathridge -
I pledge to read more books, help more around the house and do my homework every day
- Michelle Hughes from North Carolina - Continue to advocate for people with mental illnesses.
- Scott from Joondalup - I am going to learn to play chess
- Mike Billing from Wellard - I am going to finish landscaping my front yard
- James Cameron from Swanbourne - To get out more often during the weekends.
- Pauline from Booragoon - I'm going to take my dog for a walk along the beach
- Suzana from Balga - Walk 3 times a week, eat healthy and loose 7 kg in 2013 and don't sweat over small things. Learn new skill to start a new job.
- buffy1981 from Nollamara - I am going to spend more QUALITY TIME with my two boys.
- Libby from Mandurah - I am going to get more active and get my son and myself out and walking/riding in our neighbourhood every week.
- Grant Westthorp from Albany - I am going to ask family and friends whether they are traveling okay.
- Lisa from Ferndale - I will never take another day for granted... every day I have, is a gift.
- Denise from canningvale - To walk every day
- Greg Lake from perth - I am going to do one crossword puzzle everyday
- john from maylands - I will have a better attitude towards my lifestyle and believe in myself
Erin from Victoria Park -
Becoming a youth mentor in 2014.
George Ho from Stirling -
Try origami ---
liberate your creativity and make a gift for your friend.
Mikaela from Morawa -
I will commit to finishing the first draft of one of my novels by the end of 3014
Lynsey from 6171 -
I pledge to learn how to run (properly!) So I can do fun runs! :)
- Horst from South Golden Beach - I will take a bag for collecting rubbish on my daily walk
- Amberlee from Perth - I'm going to learn to speak Spanish!
- Simone from Secret Harbour - I pledge to make a greater commitment to my exercise and fitness.
- Pam from Roleystone - I'm going to make every day count
- Greg from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
Taneeka from South Bunbury -
I will challenge myself by learning something new - a new musical instrument, sewing, cooking...
- Ben James from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
- Jenni from Albany - To start each day thinking how great it is to be alive!
- Lauren Carr from Padbury - I will be kind to myself, whether i praise myself inwardly for a job well done or treat myself to a good book and a cup of tea. I will not put myself down or uncredited anything i do.
- James Gordon from Orelia - I am going to ride my motorbike more on the weekends with friends
Catherine from West Hobart -
I wI'll commit to doing the RAW challenge in February...and help my teammates finish!
- David from Crawley - I am going to update the ABC iPhone app to support pledges!
- David from Shenton Park - I will volunteer for something
Aden from 4350 -
Learn how to write more songs for my band
Brittany from 6163 -
to have more faith in myself
Megan from Esperance -
Challenge my brain and commit to learning how to play the ukulele so I can join the local uke group :)
- Belinda from Waikiki - To encourage more people to use this site, it's excellent!
- The Anonomous guy from morawa - get out, and have a laugh,
- Jess from Cottesloe - To grow for the rest of my life.
Michaela from Swanbourne -
I commit to starting learning Spanish again - taking the time even just once a week :)
- Amy from Leeming - I am going to go dancing with my friends
- Penny from Lismore - I pledge to involve myself in the community & share my skills with others.
- Tom Franklin from Kalgoorlie - I am going to have friends over for a bbq
- Kelly Peirce from Hillarys - I pledge to join a dance class
- Mikaela from Gidgegannup - To donate more time to others less fortunate than I am
Rory Wood-Ingram from Mallacoota -
I commit to do a 1/2 hour of meditation every day.
Tom Molan from Mallacoota -
To become more physically active
- Ian from Cairns - To start wheelchair yoga and get my body and mind back into training.
Meg from Kella -
I pledge to keep my pony fit.
- Trish from Albany - Each day I will do something ACTIVE, each week I will connect with a group I BELONG to, each month I will review my COMMITments
- Sam Temple from Mindarie - I am going to take my dog to the beach each day
- Kate from Mount Nasura - I AM going to learn all the times tables
- Depression Support Network Albany Inc from Albany - On Tuesday the 9th of October, in conjunction with the heart foundation, we held a wear blue for a day walking group and morning tea. We promoted exercise as a way towards gaining good mental health.
- Bronwyn from Chelmer - I'm going to commit to going to Bollywood Funk dance classes for 3 months.
- ayla bond from Morawa - to get more exercise
- Assefa from Maddington - I am going to enjoy every day no matter what
- Emily from Morawa - To spend more time with my family
- Jessica from Albany - I am going to invite my neighbours over for dinner
Amber from Albany -
Maintain my social commitments with friends.
Araminta from Mezza -
I pledge to read more books
- Emily Carslake from Morawa - To swim 3 nights a week.
- Melissa from East Perth - I am going to go for a walk every day.
- Val from Hamersley - Stay positive, stay fit, stay in touch!
Latest News & Updates
In March, Newton Moore Senior High School in Bunbury held an 'Act-Belong-Commit' themed week to promote the importance of staying mentally healthy to students.
Mentally Healthy WA and Chevron Australia are working together to create mentally healthy schools in Western Australia.Read more...
Mentally Healthy WA's Act-Belong-Commit campaign has been promoting the health benefits of book clubs since the campaign began almost a decade ago. Now, further research out of the University of Tasmania confirms that being part of a book club promotes social engagement and a sense of community, builds resilience, and protects against mental health problems.Read more...