I started surfing last year
and haven’t stopped since
David from Secret Harbour
Elizabeth from Fremantle
I hang out with my
friends more often
Mark from Morley
I give something back
to the community
Jason from Albany
- Grant Westthorp from Albany - I am going to ask family and friends whether they are traveling okay.
- Mikaela from Gidgegannup - To donate more time to others less fortunate than I am
Amber from Albany -
Maintain my social commitments with friends.
Rory Wood-Ingram from Mallacoota -
I commit to do a 1/2 hour of meditation every day.
Catherine from West Hobart -
I wI'll commit to doing the RAW challenge in February...and help my teammates finish!
- buffy1981 from Nollamara - I am going to spend more QUALITY TIME with my two boys.
Kiara from Armadale -
I pledge to make more time for my photography
- Melissa from East Perth - I am going to go for a walk every day.
Meg from Kella -
I pledge to keep my pony fit.
- Horst from South Golden Beach - I will take a bag for collecting rubbish on my daily walk
- Emily from Morawa - To spend more time with my family
- Lisa from Ferndale - I will never take another day for granted... every day I have, is a gift.
- Pam from Roleystone - I'm going to make every day count
- David from Crawley - I am going to update the ABC iPhone app to support pledges!
- Greg Lake from perth - I am going to do one crossword puzzle everyday
- Jess from Cottesloe - To grow for the rest of my life.
- ayla bond from Morawa - to get more exercise
- Scott from Joondalup - I am going to learn to play chess
Jaxon from 6122 -
To encourage myself to further my dreams.
Aimee Bassett from byford -
I pledge to be happy more and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Araminta from Mezza -
I pledge to read more books
- john from maylands - I will have a better attitude towards my lifestyle and believe in myself
Aaron from victoria park -
To be more positive in recovering from my condition
- Holly from Morawa - Eat better, drink more water,!
Megan from Esperance -
Challenge my brain and commit to learning how to play the ukulele so I can join the local uke group :)
- Val from Hamersley - Stay positive, stay fit, stay in touch!
George Ho from Stirling -
Try origami ---
liberate your creativity and make a gift for your friend.
- Tom Franklin from Kalgoorlie - I am going to have friends over for a bbq
- Assefa from Maddington - I am going to enjoy every day no matter what
- Ian from Cairns - To start wheelchair yoga and get my body and mind back into training.
- Michelle Hughes from North Carolina - Continue to advocate for people with mental illnesses.
- Suzana from Balga - Walk 3 times a week, eat healthy and loose 7 kg in 2013 and don't sweat over small things. Learn new skill to start a new job.
Vanessa from Bayswater -
I pledge to continue learning to knit so I can knit outfits for the premmie babies at King Edward Hospital
- James Gordon from Orelia - I am going to ride my motorbike more on the weekends with friends
- Jenni from Albany - To start each day thinking how great it is to be alive!
Aden from 4350 -
Learn how to write more songs for my band
Jordan from Heathridge -
I pledge to read more books, help more around the house and do my homework every day
- Kate from Mount Nasura - I AM going to learn all the times tables
Michaela from Swanbourne -
I commit to starting learning Spanish again - taking the time even just once a week :)
- Lauren Barbera from Secret Harbour - To ride to work as often as I can and to walk my dog every night
- Denise from canningvale - To walk every day
- Sam Temple from Mindarie - I am going to take my dog to the beach each day
- Emily Carslake from Morawa - To swim 3 nights a week.
- Belinda from Waikiki - To encourage more people to use this site, it's excellent!
Chloe from Merredin -
I pledge to better myself at archery before the state championships.
Taneeka from South Bunbury -
I will challenge myself by learning something new - a new musical instrument, sewing, cooking...
- Jack Morton from Manning - I am going to play my guitar in the old peoples home near my house
- James Cameron from Swanbourne - To get out more often during the weekends.
- The Anonomous guy from morawa - get out, and have a laugh,
- Penny from Lismore - I pledge to involve myself in the community & share my skills with others.
- Simone from Secret Harbour - I pledge to make a greater commitment to my exercise and fitness.
Mikaela from Morawa -
I will commit to finishing the first draft of one of my novels by the end of 3014
- Craig from Yanchep - I'm going to try not to react in a negative way in situations that are out of my control
- Bronwyn from Chelmer - I'm going to commit to going to Bollywood Funk dance classes for 3 months.
- Jessica from Albany - I am going to invite my neighbours over for dinner
- Kelly Peirce from Hillarys - I pledge to join a dance class
- Amy from Leeming - I am going to go dancing with my friends
- Kelly Dunlop from Thornlie - To join cricket club committee as Treasurer
- annalise knock from morawa - to hang out with mates more often
- Amberlee from Perth - I'm going to learn to speak Spanish!
Rhylea from Merredin -
I pledge to be nicer to people and try to make more friends in highschool.
- Lauren Carr from Padbury - I will be kind to myself, whether i praise myself inwardly for a job well done or treat myself to a good book and a cup of tea. I will not put myself down or uncredited anything i do.
- David from Shenton Park - I will volunteer for something
- Trish from Albany - Each day I will do something ACTIVE, each week I will connect with a group I BELONG to, each month I will review my COMMITments
- Jude Thomas from Mandurah - To think positive in every situation
- Depression Support Network Albany Inc from Albany - On Tuesday the 9th of October, in conjunction with the heart foundation, we held a wear blue for a day walking group and morning tea. We promoted exercise as a way towards gaining good mental health.
- Greg from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
- Pauline from Booragoon - I'm going to take my dog for a walk along the beach
Lynsey from 6171 -
I pledge to learn how to run (properly!) So I can do fun runs! :)
- Ben James from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
- Libby from Mandurah - I am going to get more active and get my son and myself out and walking/riding in our neighbourhood every week.
Tom Molan from Mallacoota -
To become more physically active
Brittany from 6163 -
to have more faith in myself
Susannah from Narrogin -
Learn how to sew
- Mike Billing from Wellard - I am going to finish landscaping my front yard
Erin from Victoria Park -
Becoming a youth mentor in 2014.
Latest News & Updates
Eight years after the mental health campaign Act-Belong-Commit was launched state-wide in Western Australia, progress is being made towards an adaptation of the campaign for Aboriginal communities.
And it's all happening on the Pilbara door step.
We are seeking to partner with organisations who share a vision for a mentally healthy WA. If your group or organisation offers opportunities for mentally healthy engagement, strives to improve individual and community wellbeing; or is keen to change the way people think about mental health, you may like to consider partnering with us.Read more...