I started surfing last year
and haven’t stopped since
David from Secret Harbour
Elizabeth from Fremantle
I hang out with my
friends more often
Mark from Morley
I give something back
to the community
Jason from Albany
- David from Crawley - I am going to update the ABC iPhone app to support pledges!
Rory Wood-Ingram from Mallacoota -
I commit to do a 1/2 hour of meditation every day.
- Val from Hamersley - Stay positive, stay fit, stay in touch!
Meg from Kella -
I pledge to keep my pony fit.
- Lauren Carr from Padbury - I will be kind to myself, whether i praise myself inwardly for a job well done or treat myself to a good book and a cup of tea. I will not put myself down or uncredited anything i do.
Tom Molan from Mallacoota -
To become more physically active
- Emily Carslake from Morawa - To swim 3 nights a week.
- James Cameron from Swanbourne - To get out more often during the weekends.
- ayla bond from Morawa - to get more exercise
Jordan from Heathridge -
I pledge to read more books, help more around the house and do my homework every day
Aden from 4350 -
Learn how to write more songs for my band
- Trish from Albany - Each day I will do something ACTIVE, each week I will connect with a group I BELONG to, each month I will review my COMMITments
- annalise knock from morawa - to hang out with mates more often
Brittany from 6163 -
to have more faith in myself
- Craig from Yanchep - I'm going to try not to react in a negative way in situations that are out of my control
- Horst from South Golden Beach - I will take a bag for collecting rubbish on my daily walk
- Jess from Cottesloe - To grow for the rest of my life.
- Jack Morton from Manning - I am going to play my guitar in the old peoples home near my house
- Scott from Joondalup - I am going to learn to play chess
Megan from Esperance -
Challenge my brain and commit to learning how to play the ukulele so I can join the local uke group :)
Steve from Perth -
I pledge to start playing tennis again
- Pam from Roleystone - I'm going to make every day count
Kiara from Armadale -
I pledge to make more time for my photography
Sonny from Merredin -
I Sonny King promice to commit to more acivites
Aaron from victoria park -
To be more positive in recovering from my condition
- David from Shenton Park - I will volunteer for something
- Mikaela from Gidgegannup - To donate more time to others less fortunate than I am
Jo from Kwinana -
To train and participate in my first triathlon
- Ben James from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
George Ho from Stirling -
Try origami ---
liberate your creativity and make a gift for your friend.
Jaxon from 6122 -
To encourage myself to further my dreams.
Rhylea from Merredin -
I pledge to be nicer to people and try to make more friends in highschool.
Kellie Yeung from NSW 2000 -
I will keep in touch and ask a friend or loved on how they are
- Libby from Mandurah - I am going to get more active and get my son and myself out and walking/riding in our neighbourhood every week.
Sarah-Lee Sweeney from 6008 -
To slow down to live in the moment and not plan too much too far ahead. To not shout at my boyfriend,to not be on my phone too much in the presence of others, especially in bed and to learn to meditate!
- James Gordon from Orelia - I am going to ride my motorbike more on the weekends with friends
- Michelle Hughes from North Carolina - Continue to advocate for people with mental illnesses.
- Kelly Dunlop from Thornlie - To join cricket club committee as Treasurer
- Bronwyn from Chelmer - I'm going to commit to going to Bollywood Funk dance classes for 3 months.
- Ian from Cairns - To start wheelchair yoga and get my body and mind back into training.
Lynsey from Nollamara -
I am going to be happy more and stop letting small things stress me out so easily.
- Tom Franklin from Kalgoorlie - I am going to have friends over for a bbq
- Grant Westthorp from Albany - I am going to ask family and friends whether they are traveling okay.
- Lauren Barbera from Secret Harbour - To ride to work as often as I can and to walk my dog every night
Taneeka from South Bunbury -
I will challenge myself by learning something new - a new musical instrument, sewing, cooking...
- john from maylands - I will have a better attitude towards my lifestyle and believe in myself
- Greg from Rockingham - I am going to spend more time with my family
Mai from 6108 -
I pledge to always be positive and spread that optimism among others.
- Holly from Morawa - Eat better, drink more water,!
miranda from armadale -
I pledge to keep a healthy diet and to focus on my technique for dance
Amber from Albany -
Maintain my social commitments with friends.
Mikaela from Morawa -
I will commit to finishing the first draft of one of my novels by the end of 3014
- Penny from Lismore - I pledge to involve myself in the community & share my skills with others.
Erin from Victoria Park -
Becoming a youth mentor in 2014.
- Depression Support Network Albany Inc from Albany - On Tuesday the 9th of October, in conjunction with the heart foundation, we held a wear blue for a day walking group and morning tea. We promoted exercise as a way towards gaining good mental health.
- Suzana from Balga - Walk 3 times a week, eat healthy and loose 7 kg in 2013 and don't sweat over small things. Learn new skill to start a new job.
- buffy1981 from Nollamara - I am going to spend more QUALITY TIME with my two boys.
Aimee Bassett from byford -
I pledge to be happy more and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Vanessa from Bayswater -
I pledge to continue learning to knit so I can knit outfits for the premmie babies at King Edward Hospital
- Pauline from Booragoon - I'm going to take my dog for a walk along the beach
- Kate from Mount Nasura - I AM going to learn all the times tables
- Kelly Peirce from Hillarys - I pledge to join a dance class
- Jude Thomas from Mandurah - To think positive in every situation
Chloe from Merredin -
I pledge to better myself at archery before the state championships.
- Sam Temple from Mindarie - I am going to take my dog to the beach each day
- Belinda from Waikiki - To encourage more people to use this site, it's excellent!
Michaela from Swanbourne -
I commit to starting learning Spanish again - taking the time even just once a week :)
Catherine from West Hobart -
I wI'll commit to doing the RAW challenge in February...and help my teammates finish!
Denise from Orange -
To slow down and enjoy the journey. Screw the destination.
- Emily from Morawa - To spend more time with my family
- Assefa from Maddington - I am going to enjoy every day no matter what
- Mike Billing from Wellard - I am going to finish landscaping my front yard
Susannah from Narrogin -
Learn how to sew
- Simone from Secret Harbour - I pledge to make a greater commitment to my exercise and fitness.
Lynsey from 6171 -
I pledge to learn how to run (properly!) So I can do fun runs! :)
- Lisa from Ferndale - I will never take another day for granted... every day I have, is a gift.
Araminta from Mezza -
I pledge to read more books
Sindy from mel -
I will join a club and enjoy a wide range of activties.
Kylie Slattery from Clarkson -
I Pledge to finally organise my venues for my Zumba Fitness Classses for Adults and Children by the end of 2015!!
- Greg Lake from perth - I am going to do one crossword puzzle everyday
- Amberlee from Perth - I'm going to learn to speak Spanish!
- Jenni from Albany - To start each day thinking how great it is to be alive!
- Melissa from East Perth - I am going to go for a walk every day.
- Denise from canningvale - To walk every day
- The Anonomous guy from morawa - get out, and have a laugh,
- Jessica from Albany - I am going to invite my neighbours over for dinner
Josh from Armadale -
I pledge to focus solely on my music career.
- Amy from Leeming - I am going to go dancing with my friends
Latest News & Updates
Do you have 5 minutes to give us some feedback on the Act-Belong-Commit website?
To ensure our visitors have an informative experience, we invite you to provide some feedback in the form of a short survey.
If you wish to go in the draw to win a $100 iTunes voucher please leave your name and phone number at the end: curtin.au1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2ltvsx1c1gNgq9fRead more...
Are you a mental health professional?
Mentally Healthy WA invites you to attend an Act-Belong-Commit in Recovery workshop and Advanced Training to become an Act-Belong-Commit Trainer. The workshops will provide a positive framework for health professionals to use when working with people in recoveryand all the necessary resources for mental health professionals to start implementing the message.