Our Newsroom contains Act Belong Commit updates, inspiring stories and the latest evidence-based research on the many ways you can keep mentally healthy.
Feel good this Feel Good Feb!
Posted 31 Jan 2022
Act Belong Commit is encouraging all of us to get on the front foot with our mental health and make February, Feel Good Feb.
It’s already clear that 2022 will have challenges for us all, and that prioritising our mental health and wellbeing will be important. When there’s so much that seems outside our control, it’s more important than ever to focus on the things we can control that are good for our mental wellbeing.
When it comes to doing good things for others, it’s well known that the feel-good flows in both directions and there are mental health benefits for the giver as well as the receiver.
Act Belong Commit’s Feel Good Feb calendar provides ideas for a simple feel-good activity for each day of the month – actions that will put a smile on your face and on the faces of those around you. It helps people take the initiative and make sure February has an abundance of positive actions, good deeds and random acts of kindness.
The actions are inspired by the evidence-based mental health message of Act Belong Commit: Do something; do something with someone; do something meaningful.
The actions are simple enough for anyone to do, adults and children alike. They won’t strain your budget or take a huge amount of time but they will make a positive difference to you and the people you meet.
You might even find some of the actions make a positive difference to your mental wellbeing long after February has ended.
Get a copy of the Feel Good Feb Calendar here or follow us on socials to get tips and inspiration! Feel free to share to others who may also need some encouraging.
We’ve pulled out a sample of our Feel Good tips below to give you an idea of how the calendar can inspire you into positive action:
- Feb 4 – GET OUT IN THE GARDEN – It feels great to get out in the garden. Fresh air and nature are essential for good mental health and wellbeing.
- Feb 7 – DO SOMETHING KIND FOR YOURSELF – Do something kind for yourself today, whatever that may be. Being mentally healthy feels good!
- Feb 10 – CHALLENGE YOURSELF – Commit to learning something new today. Never stop learning, it’s great for your mental health.
- Feb 12 – CHECK IN ON SOMEONE – Spend some time with someone who you think may be struggling and help lift their mood.
- Feb 15 – DANCE LIKE NO ONE’S WATCHING! – Dancing is the ultimate feel good exercise. Turn it up loud and get moving!
- Feb 17 – CELEBRATE RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS DAY – Choose kindness because it feels good! Positive actions, good deeds and random acts of kindness help others and ourselves.
- Feb 20 – GIVE SOMEONE A GENUINE COMPLIMENT – Tell someone what you admire in them. It will make their day and you’ll feel good too.
- Feb 22 – CONNECT WITH A FRIEND – Reconnect with someone you haven’t spoken to for a while, even if it can’t be face to face. Call or message that person today.
- Feb 28 – REFLECT ON YOUR MENTAL HEALTH – Today is the last day of Feel Good Feb – take time to reflect on how good you felt this month, and how you can prioritise your mental health and wellbeing for the rest of 2022.
About Act Belong Commit:
Act Belong Commit is directed from Curtin University’s Mentally Healthy WA. Funded by Healthway and the Mental Health Commission, the Act Belong Commit campaign promotes mental health by reminding us to regularly:
ACT: Do something to keep mentally, physically, socially, spiritually and culturally active.
BELONG: Do something with someone to keep connected to friends, family and community.
COMMIT: Do something meaningful – get involved in activities that provide meaning and purpose.
Get on the front foot and prioritise your mental health and wellbeing today. Visit www.actbelongcommit.org.au where you’ll find helpful information including hundreds of activities you can do to improve your mental health.