Resources for Schools
Bringing mentally healthy schools to life!
The school setting is ideal for the Act-Belong-Commit campaign as there are many opportunities for students to be active, develop a strong sense of belonging and add meaning and purpose to their lives.
"A sense of belonging and acceptance can only lead to happy and content people in the workplace or school. Our kids and families do it tough and the Act-Belong-Commit program / philosophy very often fills many voids."
- Principal, Orelia Primary School
Stay physically, socially, spiritually and mentally active by doing things you enjoy, and doing them more often!
- Walking or riding to school
- Kicking the footy with mates
- Writing in a journal
Do Something with Someone
Build a sense of belonging by:
- Catching up with friends
- Staying close to family
- Joining a club or a team
- Joining in community events or school activities.
Do Something Meaningful
Make a commitment to an interest or cause that provides meaning and purpose in life by:
- Volunteering for a local organisation or club
- Learning something new
- Mentoring someone younger than you
- Setting yourself a challenge!
The Act-Belong-Commit Mentally Healthy Schools Program
Our Mentally Healthy Schools Program provides a framework to embed the Act-Belong-Commit Campaign within the whole school environment, to boost the mental health and wellbeing of students and staff and prevent the onset of mental health problems.
The Mentally Healthy Schools Program has made significant progress in encouraging young people to talk about mental health, in reducing stigma around mental illness, and in increasing staff and student participation in mentally healthy activities.
Learn more about our Mentally Healthy Schools Program here.
- Read the Mentally Healthy Schools Case Studies Handbook
- Access the latest evaluation of the Mentally Healthy Schools Initiative 2018
- Watch the Mentally Healthy Schools Program Video
Download our Free Educational Resources & Fact Sheets
- Act-Belong-Commit Mindful Colouring Templates
- Act-Belong-Commit Weekly Planner
- Chatterbox Activity
- Classroom Energisers
- Act-Belong-Commit Mood Diary
- High School Self-Assessment
- Act-Belong-Commit Schools Poster for Students
- Being Mentally Healthy High School
- Being Mentally Healthy Middle School
- Being Mentally Healthy Primary School
- Act-Belong-Commit - Arabic Flyer
- Act-Belong-Commit - Chinese Flyer
- Act-Belong-Commit - Indonesian Flyer
- A5 School Merit Certificate