The school setting is ideal for the Act-Belong-Commit campaign as there are many opportunities for students to be active, develop a strong sense of belonging and add meaning and purpose to their lives.
"A sense of belonging and acceptance can only lead to happy and content people in the workplace or school. Our kids and families do it tough and the Act-Belong-Commit program / philosophy very often fills many voids."
- Principal, Orelia Primary School
Stay physically, socially, spiritually and mentally active by doing things you enjoy, and doing them more often!
- Walking or riding to school
- Kicking the footy with mates
- Writing in a journal
- Volunteering in your local community
Do Something with Someone
Build a sense of belonging by:
- Catching up with friends
- Staying close to family
- Joining a club or a team
- Joining in community events or school activities.
Do Something Meaningful
- Make a commitment to an interest or cause that provides meaning and purpose in life, such as volunteering, learning something new or embarking on a challenge!
Information About the Act-Belong-Commit Mentally Healthy Schools Program
The Mentally Healthy Schools Program provides a framework to embed the Act-Belong-Commit Campaign within the classroom, school environment and the whole school community in order to boost the mental health and wellbeing of students and staff and prevent the onset of mental health problems.